A roundup of the week’s most newsworthy entertainment industry press releases from PR Newswire, including next year’s Halftime Show headliner and Tubi’s new AI-powered content discovery feature.
NEW YORK, Sept. 29, 2023 /PRNewswire/ — With thousands of press releases published each week, it can be difficult to keep up with everything on PR Newswire. To help journalists covering the entertainment and media industries stay on top of the week’s most newsworthy and popular releases, here’s a roundup of stories from the week that shouldn’t be missed.
The list below includes the headline (with a link to the full text) and an excerpt from each story. Click on the press release headlines to access accompanying multimedia assets that are available for download.
- Generation Defining USHER to Perform During Apple Music Super Bowl LVIII Halftime Show Sunday, February 11, 2024, on CBS
“It’s an honor of a lifetime to finally check a Super Bowl performance off my bucket list. I can’t wait to bring the world a show unlike anything else they’ve seen from me before,” said USHER.
- Find Your Next Obsession with Tubi’s New GPT-4 Powered Content Discovery Feature
Rabbit AI allows viewers to go beyond simple keyword searches and ask questions the same way you’d ask a friend. To resolve a debate over what to watch, input “shark movies that are funny” into Rabbit AI and receive a list of relevant titles.
- Scholastic Announces 2023-2024 Kid Reporters
Fifteen new and thirteen returning Kid Reporters, ages 10-14, will interview newsmakers and cover the topics that interest them and their peers most.
- The Rolling Stones and Major League Baseball Team Up to Release Limited Edition Run of Exclusive Team Versions of Hackney Diamonds
Available exclusively at TheRollingStones.com, this extremely limited, true collectors’ item will feature custom art for each of the 30 MLB Clubs in pocket jackets housing single disc baseball white vinyl.
- Sony Electronics & Olivia Rodrigo to Release “LinkBuds S x Olivia Rodrigo” Limited Edition Headphones
“These headphones are meant to deliver a listening experience that is a personal extension of Olivia Rodrigo’s creative intent and unique sound,” says Hiroshi Nakamura, Head of Personal Entertainment Business Unit, Sony Corporation.
- Willie Nelson’s “On The Road Again” Inspires New Program for Developing Artists and Crew
Through the end of the year, the On The Road Again program is expected to deliver tens of millions of dollars in extra earnings to club artists and crew.
- Casio to Release League of Legends G-SHOCK Watches
The new shock-resistant GM-B2100LL and GA-110LL, which are based, respectively, on the full-metal GM-B2100 with octagonal bezel and the GA-110 with its distinctive three-dimensional dial, evoke the realistic game world with League of Legends details throughout, including the dial, case, and band.
- Fat Joe, Rick Ross, Busta Rhymes, Method Man, French Montana, Chuck D, Unite with Power to the Patients in PSA Demanding Healthcare Price Transparency
As Hip Hop turns 50 years old, Fat Joe and his peers reflect on the music movement that changed our country and are leading a new movement to confront “a healthcare system that has been rigged against all of us.”
- HSN Launches Livestream Video Shopping Experience on Sling Freestream
Sling Freestream brings viewers an exciting line-up of 400+ free Live TV channels and access to over 40,000 on-demand shows and movies. The service is available free to anyone with an internet connection via major streaming devices, smart televisions, tablets, game consoles, computers and smartphones.
- Lynyrd Skynyrd Brings Hell House Home to Jacksonville
In honor of the 50th anniversary of their groundbreaking debut album ‘Pronounced ‘Lĕh-‘nérd ‘Skin-‘nérd,’ the band is set to deliver two electrifying shows and offer fans the unique opportunity to meet the rock icons during two exclusive bottle signings.
- Grubhub Partners with Entertainment Icon and Food Fanatic, Snoop Dogg, to Debut the “Did Somebody Say” Platform in the U.S.
“Did Somebody Say” comes to life anchored in a new TV commercial featuring Snoop Dogg delivering an original, head-bobbing song that will give hungry Americans a taste of his own Grubhub delivery delights.
- Looks to Die For: Spirit Halloween Announces its Most Exciting Looks for 2023
In honor of the brand’s 40th season, Spirit Halloween is inviting everyone to go bigger than ever this Halloween. This year’s offerings include timeless classics like horror monsters, family-friendly looks, all Barbie everything, cult-classic clowns, and many more killer styles.
- The Hip Hop Museum & Mass Appeal Announce the Hip Hop Museum Tour Sponsored by CÎROC Kicking Off in New York City on October 14th
Ahead of the museum’s 2025 opening date, the touring exhibit will feature early Hip Hop artifacts from 1973-1990, highlighting important firsts along the genre’s road from block parties to sold out stadiums. Each tour stop will shine a light on the cultural and social accomplishments of a community that fought for a voice and prevailed, moving the needle on what Hip Hop was and ultimately could be.
Read more of the latest entertainment-related releases from PR Newswire and stay caught up on the top press releases by following @PRNtertainment on Twitter.
Helping Journalists Stay Up to Date on Industry News
These are just a few of the recent press releases that consumers and the media should know about. To be notified of releases relevant to their coverage area, journalists can set up a custom newsfeed with PR Newswire for Journalists.
Once they’re signed up, reporters, bloggers and freelancers have access to the following free features:
- Customization: Create a customized newsfeed that will deliver relevant news right to your inbox. Customize the newsfeed by keywords, industry, subject, geography, and more.
- Photos and Videos: Thousands of multimedia assets are available to download and include with your next story.
- Subject Matter Experts: Access ProfNet, a database of industry experts to connect with as sources or for quotes in your articles.
- Related Resources: Read and subscribe to our journalist- and blogger-focused blog, Beyond Bylines, for media news roundups, writing tips, upcoming events, and more.
About PR Newswire
For more than 65 years, PR Newswire has been the industry leader with the largest, most comprehensive distribution network of print, radio, magazine, television stations, financial portals and trade publications. PR Newswire has an unparalleled global reach of more than 440,000 newsrooms, websites, direct feeds, journalists and influencers and is available in more than 170 countries and 40 languages.
For questions, contact the team at [email protected].
SOURCE PR Newswire
Originally published at https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/this-week-in-entertainment-news-13-stories-you-need-to-see-301942343.html
Some images courtesy of https://pixabay.com
The post This Week in Entertainment News: 13 Stories You Need to See first appeared on TREND MAG.