A roundup of the week’s most newsworthy entertainment industry press releases from PR Newswire, including an entertainment-based meal from McDonald’s and President Biden’s interview with The Weather Channel.
NEW YORK, Aug. 11, 2023 /PRNewswire/ — With thousands of press releases published each week, it can be difficult to keep up with everything on PR Newswire. To help journalists covering the entertainment and media industries stay on top of the week’s most newsworthy and popular releases, here’s a roundup of stories from the week that shouldn’t be missed.
The list below includes the headline (with a link to the full text) and an excerpt from each story. Click on the press release headlines to access accompanying multimedia assets that are available for download.
- McDonald’s Presents… the As Featured In Meal
The Golden Arches will drop its biggest global meal yet with menu items famously featured in movies, television shows and songs – plus one-of-a-kind experiences for fans throughout the month.
- President Biden Gives Exclusive Interview to The Weather Channel Addressing our Greatest Threat: Climate Change
“Climate change and global warming are the greatest threats to human beings on planet Earth and that is why this interview is so important,” said Byron Allen, Founder/Chairman/CEO of Allen Media Group, the parent company of The Weather Channel.
- SEGA Partners with PowerA on a New Line of Sonic the Hedgehog Gaming Accessories
The initial product-line launches today (Aug. 7) and includes controllers for Nintendo Switch and Xbox Series X|S, a branded Nintendo Switch Protective Case, as well as a TriFold Game Card Holder for Nintendo Switch cartridges.
- Travis Pastrana, Axell Hodges and Jeremy Stenberg Headline Heavyweight Additions to Nitro Circus 20th Anniversary Tour Roster
In all, 19 elite athletes from FMX, BMX and more are now set to join not only the biggest action sports tour of the year, but the craziest show in live entertainment. The adrenaline-charged fun will hit North American indoor arenas starting October 10.
- THE TEMPTATIONS BRAND DELIVERS AN IRRESISTIBLE NEW “TRUE” CRIME PODCAST SERIES, “CATCH A CAT BURGLAR”
the brand is releasing “Catch a Cat Burglar,” a “true” crime limited podcast series about a crime of irresistibility, which also invites cat lovers across the country to try and solve it for a chance to win a cat-inspired prize.
- Motel 6 Launches Two Sweepstakes for Fans to Win Ultimate Music Experience
In partnership with singer-songwriter Abraham Alexander and reggae band Rawayana, each sweepstakes will award one lucky winner two tickets to a festival or concert, as well as lodging and other fun perks.
- SHARKNADO: 10th ANNIVERSARY EDITION Comes To More Than 500 Theaters Nationwide for Two Nights Only As A Newly Remastered Version with Never-Before-Seen Kills and Thrills!
Fully remastered in 4k with hundreds of new visual effects, the story of a freak tornado that attacks Los Angeles with gale force winds, metric tons of water and thousands of nature’s most ruthless killers is finally ready for the big screen.
- Vault Music Launches “Cassette Culture 3.0” With 50 Exclusive Live Albums From New York City’s Top Independent Musicians
With its unalterable and fully tradable digital format, Vault Music is the first company to create on-chain archives of live performances that reflect the current music culture in New York City. This fusion of old and new reinvents the way music enthusiasts consume and share music, providing a new way for the underground music scene to thrive.
- Emmy-Winning Team Will Sneak Peek in August Its Pilot Episode of ‘GOD’S GANG,’ a Groundbreaking Animated Series for Kids
GOD’S GANG is an animated series that will captivate kids aged 6-12 and families worldwide with its action-packed comedy adventures. This highly original multicultural and multinational series brings together four extraordinary martial arts heroes from different faiths, showcasing the power of peace, kindness, and unity.
- The Clouds Give Way as Ariana Grande Debuts Her Newest Fragrance, Cloud Pink
The launch of Cloud Pink introduces a new chapter to the multihyphenate’s iconic collection. Ethereal and modern, Cloud Pink is inspired by Ariana’s magnetic optimism and confidence. The elevated campaign is perhaps her most personal yet, brilliantly showcasing Grande’s evolution as an artist and woman.
- Stand Up to Cancer Returns on August 19, 2023, for Eighth Roadblock Televised Fundraising Special Commemorating 15 Years of Impact
The biennial special will air simultaneously on more than 50 participating media platforms across the United States and Canada, including all four major broadcast networks in the U.S. Broadcasters carrying the show are donating one hour of simultaneous commercial-free prime time. The telecast will also be available on-demand on several streaming platforms.
Read more of the latest entertainment-related releases from PR Newswire and stay caught up on the top press releases by following @PRNtertainment on Twitter.
Catch up on all the latest earnings reports here.
Helping Journalists Stay Up to Date on Industry News
These are just a few of the recent press releases that consumers and the media should know about. To be notified of releases relevant to their coverage area, journalists can set up a custom newsfeed with PR Newswire for Journalists.
Once they’re signed up, reporters, bloggers and freelancers have access to the following free features:
- Customization: Create a customized newsfeed that will deliver relevant news right to your inbox. Customize the newsfeed by keywords, industry, subject, geography, and more.
- Photos and Videos: Thousands of multimedia assets are available to download and include with your next story.
- Subject Matter Experts: Access ProfNet, a database of industry experts to connect with as sources or for quotes in your articles.
- Related Resources: Read and subscribe to our journalist- and blogger-focused blog, Beyond Bylines, for media news roundups, writing tips, upcoming events, and more.
About PR Newswire and PR Newswire for Journalists
For more than 65 years, PR Newswire has been the industry leader with the largest, most comprehensive distribution network of print, radio, magazine, television stations, financial portals and trade publications. PR Newswire has an unparalleled global reach of more than 200,000 publications and 10,000 websites and is available in more than 170 countries and 40 languages.
PR Newswire for Journalists (PRNJ) is an exclusive community that includes over 20,000 journalists, bloggers and influencers who are logging into their PRNJ accounts specifically looking for story ideas. PR Newswire thoroughly researches and vets this community to verify their identity as a member of the press, blogger or influencer. PRNJ users cover more than 200 beats and verticals.
For questions, contact the team at [email protected].
SOURCE PR Newswire
Originally published at https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/this-week-in-entertainment-news-11-stories-you-need-to-see-301898397.html
Some images courtesy of https://pixabay.com
The post This Week in Entertainment News: 11 Stories You Need to See first appeared on TREND MAG.