A roundup of the most newsworthy press releases from PR Newswire this week, including a Taco Bell metaverse wedding and new audio streaming for hearing implants.
NEW YORK, Feb. 24, 2023 /PRNewswire/ — With thousands of press releases published each week, it can be difficult to keep up with everything on PR Newswire. To help journalists and consumers stay on top of the week’s most newsworthy and popular releases, here’s a recap of some major stories from the week that shouldn’t be missed.
The list below includes the headline (with a link to the full text) and an excerpt from each story. Click on the press release headlines to access accompanying multimedia assets that are available for download.
- First Comes Love, Then Comes Tacos: Meet the Couple Saying “I Do” at the Taco Bell Metaverse Wedding
Custom cultural elements, celebrity emcee Kal Penn, Taco Bell’s first ever metaverse kissing emote, and out-of-this-realm fan experiences come together for the wedding of the year.
- Wilson Introduces First-Ever 3D Airless Prototype Basketball During 2023 AT&T Slam Dunk Contest at NBA All-Star
The first-of-its-kind 3D printed ball is truly playable, nearly fitting the performance specifications of a regulation basketball, including its weight, size and rebound (bounce). The ball, however, does not need to be inflated because it is comprised of a black, see-through lattice with eight panel-like “lobes.”
- Cochlear announces audio streaming from Amazon Fire TV devices for hearing implant users
The advancement represents the first time that a smart TV device will stream sound directly to a hearing implant sound processor.
- Microsoft and NVIDIA announce expansive new gaming deal
Microsoft Gaming CEO Phil Spencer said, “This partnership will help grow NVIDIA’s catalog of titles to include games like Call of Duty, while giving developers more ways to offer streaming games. We are excited to offer gamers more ways to play the games they love.”
- Heineken® Announces F1® World Champion Max Verstappen as New Global 0.0 Ambassador and a New Partnership with Oracle Red Bull Racing
The partnership, bringing together the number one Dutch beer alongside the number one Dutch driver, will aim to engage the next generation of fans through a series of creative and meaningful activities, focusing on responsible consumption.
- DICK’S Sporting Goods to Acquire Moosejaw
Moosejaw, founded in Michigan in 1992, operates a highly successful e-commerce platform, has a loyal customer base, strong vendor relationships with leading outdoor brands and a passionate workforce. Moosejaw also operates brick-and-mortar locations in Arkansas, Colorado, Illinois, Kansas, Michigan and Missouri.
- Subway Enhances Guest Experience with Plans to Add Electric Vehicle Charging Oasis Parks Through the partnership, the brands envision a more seamless experience for EV drivers with the installation of Subway Oasis charging parks at select locations—charging canopies with multiple ports, picnic tables, Wi-Fi, restrooms, green space and even playgrounds.
- Lockheed Martin Awarded $1.1 Billion Initial Contract to Provide Nation’s First Sea-Based Hypersonic Strike Capability
Under this contract, prime contractor Lockheed Martin will provide launcher systems, weapon control, All Up Rounds (AURs), which are the integrated missile components, and platform integration support for this naval platform.
- Allegiant Announces Eight New Routes with One-Way Fares as Low as $39
The routes, launching during this year’s summer and fall travel seasons, will connect communities across the country to some of the most popular leisure hot spots, including Portland, Las Vegas, Myrtle Beach, Austin, Phoenix, Asheville, Chicago, and Los Angeles.
- Republic Services Is Rolling Out Industry’s First Fully Integrated Electric Recycling and Waste Trucks
It will begin operating two fully integrated electric recycling and waste truck prototypes this fall, and expects EVs to represent half of its new truck purchases in the next five years.
- Beautycounter Accelerates Next Phase of Growth With Ulta Beauty Partnership The launch into Ulta Beauty comes as Beautycounter celebrates its 10-year anniversary, marking a decade of pioneering the clean beauty movement.
Read more of the latest releases from PR Newswire and stay caught up on the top press releases by following @PRNalert on Twitter.
In addition to these popular releases, several must-read earnings reports crossed the wire this week, including the quarterly results for eBay, Home Depot, and Caesars Entertainment.
Catch up on all the latest earnings reports here.
Helping Journalists Stay Up to Date on Industry News
These are just a few of the recent press releases that consumers and the media should know about. To be notified of releases relevant to their coverage area, journalists can set up a custom newsfeed with PR Newswire for Journalists.
Once they’re signed up, reporters, bloggers, and freelancers have access to the following free features:
- Customization: Users can create customized newsfeeds that will deliver relevant news right to their inbox. Newsfeed results can be targeted by keywords, industry, subject, geography, and more.
- Photos and Videos: Thousands of multimedia assets are available to download and include in a journalist or blogger’s next story.
- Subject Matter Experts: Journalists will have access to ProfNet, a database of industry experts to connect with as sources or for quotes in their articles.
- Related Resources: Our journalist- and blogger-focused blog, Beyond Bylines, features regular media news roundups, writing tips, upcoming events, and more.
About PR Newswire and PR Newswire for Journalists
For more than 65 years, PR Newswire has been the industry leader with the largest, most comprehensive distribution network of print, radio, magazine, television stations, financial portals and trade publications. PR Newswire has an unparalleled global reach of more than 200,000 publications and 10,000 websites and is available in more than 170 countries and 40 languages.
PR Newswire for Journalists (PRNJ) is an exclusive community that includes over 20,000 journalists, bloggers and influencers who are logging into their PRNJ accounts specifically looking for story ideas. PR Newswire thoroughly researches and vets this community to verify their identity as a member of the press, blogger or influencer. PRNJ users cover more than 200 beats and verticals.
For questions, contact the team at [email protected].
SOURCE PR Newswire
Originally published at https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/the-week-in-press-releases-11-stories-you-need-to-see-301754897.html
Images courtesy of https://pixabay.com