A roundup of the week’s most newsworthy entertainment industry press releases from PR Newswire, including Live Nation’s Concert Week deals and new laser tech at AMC theaters.
NEW YORK, May 5, 2023 /PRNewswire/ — With thousands of press releases published each week, it can be difficult to keep up with everything on PR Newswire. To help journalists covering the entertainment and media industries stay on top of the week’s most newsworthy and popular releases, here’s a roundup of stories from the week that shouldn’t be missed.
The list below includes the headline (with a link to the full text) and an excerpt from each story. Click on the press release headlines to access accompanying multimedia assets that are available for download.
- Christina Aguilera to Headline Stonewall Day on June 23 at Hudson Yards in NYC
Spotlighting and uplifting women in the LGBTQ+ community, Stonewall Day features an all-star female lineup, with actress and Transgender rights advocate Angelica Ross serving as host, Lina Bradford as resident DJ, and performances by Mila Jam, BETTY and Mariyea.
- Live Nation Announces Annual Concert Week: $25 All-In Tickets to Over 3,800 Shows This Year
Artists included in Concert Week range from 5 Seconds of Summer, Beck & Phoenix, Bebe Rexha, Big Time Rush, Don Toliver, Fall Out Boy, Janet Jackson, Kountry Wayne, Larry June, Maroon 5, Marca MP, Shania Twain, Snoop Dogg, VALLEY and many more.
- Elizabeth Banks and Archer Roose Launch the Elizabeth Banks Book Club
Everyone knows that book clubs are just an excuse to get together with friends and drink wine. So, Archer Roose has decided to cut out the proverbial middle-man by creating the Elizabeth Banks Book Club. The first-ever club of its kind where the books don’t actually matter.
- AMC to bring Cinionic laser to all PRIME at AMC® locations
Laser Projection by Cinionic elevates the premium cinema experience for audiences. Upon completion of installation of Laser Projection by Cinionic, the PRIME at AMC auditoriums will feature high contrast Barco 4K laser projection, delivering brighter and more vivid onscreen images that stay consistent over time.
- ROKiT Flix, the World’s First Free, Family-Friendly Streaming Service Without Advertisements, Launches
The family-friendly streamer is paving the way for how consumers, parents, children and young teens experience entertainment across various verticals. The brand’s initial launch includes 2D animation, motion comics and AI features which are a part of the ROKiT Storybook collection.
- Barbra Streisand Awarded Tenth Anniversary Genesis Prize
The “Jewish Nobel” will celebrate six decades of Streisand’s contributions to cinema and music and her commitment to improving the world.
- Dr Pepper® and Rapper Yung Gravy Team Up to Drop a New Single and Custom Merchandise
Dr Pepper and Yung Gravy, with his smooth and soulful baritone voice, created an instant classic with lyrics and sound that strike a perfect balance between quirky and catchy.
- King’s Call: Entertainers and Actors are Hereby Summoned to the Texas Renaissance Festival!
The Texas Renaissance Festival is seeking multi-talented and adaptable people to perform for the festival’s eight themed weekends, running from October 7 through November 26, 2023. Auditions will be held on Saturday, May 6, and Saturday, May 13, in Todd Mission, Texas.
- Museum of Arts and Design to Open Costume Exhibition Highlighting Eras of Taylor Swift
“At MAD, fashion and the decorative have long been valued as a critical visual language and no one speaks that language quite like Taylor Swift,” said Alexandra Schwartz, the Museum’s Curator of Modern and Contemporary Art, Craft, and Design.
- Party Tyme Karaoke Celebrates Cinco De Mayo While Reaching Milestones with YouTube Channel En Español
This extremely popular YouTube karaoke channel features hit songs from various Spanish-language genres and offers an extensive selection from which to choose. Subscribers enjoy new videos each week.
- Fifty Grande Ranks the Best Live Music Cities in the U.S. The magazine’s readers have spoken, and in a recent survey named Nashville the number one live music city in the nation, followed by New Orleans, New York, Austin, and Los Angeles. Several other cities that made the list may surprise some.
- International Jazz Day 2023 Worldwide Celebration Concludes with Extraordinary All-Star Global Concert
To mark International Jazz Day 2023, former U.S. President Bill Clinton and UNESCO Goodwill Ambassador Herbie Hancock met for an historic conversation about the impact of jazz on their lives and humanity. The two friends reminisced about how they fell in love with jazz and which musicians have most captivated them over the years.
Read more of the latest entertainment-related releases from PR Newswire and stay caught up on the top press releases by following @PRNtertainment on Twitter.
Catch up on all the latest earnings reports here.
Helping Journalists Stay Up to Date on Industry News
These are just a few of the recent press releases that consumers and the media should know about. To be notified of releases relevant to their coverage area, journalists can set up a custom newsfeed with PR Newswire for Journalists.
Once they’re signed up, reporters, bloggers and freelancers have access to the following free features:
- Customization: Create a customized newsfeed that will deliver relevant news right to your inbox. Customize the newsfeed by keywords, industry, subject, geography, and more.
- Photos and Videos: Thousands of multimedia assets are available to download and include with your next story.
- Subject Matter Experts: Access ProfNet, a database of industry experts to connect with as sources or for quotes in your articles.
- Related Resources: Read and subscribe to our journalist- and blogger-focused blog, Beyond Bylines, for media news roundups, writing tips, upcoming events, and more.
About PR Newswire and PR Newswire for Journalists
For more than 65 years, PR Newswire has been the industry leader with the largest, most comprehensive distribution network of print, radio, magazine, television stations, financial portals and trade publications. PR Newswire has an unparalleled global reach of more than 200,000 publications and 10,000 websites and is available in more than 170 countries and 40 languages.
PR Newswire for Journalists (PRNJ) is an exclusive community that includes over 20,000 journalists, bloggers and influencers who are logging into their PRNJ accounts specifically looking for story ideas. PR Newswire thoroughly researches and vets this community to verify their identity as a member of the press, blogger or influencer. PRNJ users cover more than 200 beats and verticals.
For questions, contact the team at [email protected].
SOURCE PR Newswire
Originally published at https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/this-week-in-entertainment-news-12-stories-you-need-to-see-301816610.html
Some images courtesy of https://pixabay.com
The post This Week in Entertainment News: 12 Stories You Need to See first appeared on TREND MAG.