Music - TREND MAG originally published at Music - TREND MAG
A roundup of the week’s most newsworthy entertainment industry press releases from PR Newswire, including Derek Hough’s new dance tour and the release of rare Frank Zappa recordings.
NEW YORK, April 28, 2023 /PRNewswire/ — With thousands of press releases published each week, it can be difficult to keep up with everything on PR Newswire. To help journalists covering the entertainment and media industries stay on top of the week’s most newsworthy and popular releases, here’s a roundup of stories from the week that shouldn’t be missed.
The list below includes the headline (with a link to the full text) and an excerpt from each story. Click on the press release headlines to access accompanying multimedia assets that are available for download.
- Derek Hough Announces Symphony of Dance
The show features all new high-energy choreography, stunning stage production, astounding versatility and, as always, Derek’s magnetic stage presence. Fans will journey through a true fusion of dance and music, as Derek explores styles ranging from ballroom and tap to salsa and hip-hop and everything in between.
- Frank Zappa’s Incredibly Rare Recordings Have Been Unearthed from the Vault and Compiled as New Collection, “Funky Nothingness”
“Funky Nothingness delivers on all fronts, showcasing Zappa’s love for rhythm and blues, picking up where Hot Rats left off with extended instrumental work-outs fusing rock, jazz, and classical elements into music that can only be described as ZAPPA,” said Joe Travers, Zappa Vaultmeister.
- William Shatner Boldly Embraces The World of Web3 with Orange Comet in Newest Digital Series “Infinite Connections”
“Orange Comet’s creative direction for Infinite Connections brings my vision to life and I’m excited to inspire my fans to explore the growing metaverse in this new way. Sorry Sir Anthony [Hopkins], but I think that I can officially say that I am the oldest man in the Web3 world,” Shatner said.
- Book.io to Release “Brave New World” as NFT eBook on Algorand Blockchain
Each eBook NFT will feature one of 500 covers designed by AI artists, each with varying rarity. Holders will be able to read the book within the Book.io web reader or mobile apps, as well as gift, sell and trade these decentralized books.
- 2023 MTV Movie & TV Awards unveil star-packed presenter lineup for global event Presenters for the 2023 MTV Movie & TV Awards, airing May 7, include Ariana Madix, Busta Rhymes, Gal Gadot, Halle Bailey, Nick Viall, Sarah Michelle Gellar, Tiffany Hadish, and many more.
- Court TV announces new original 10-part docuseries ‘Accomplice to Murder with Vinnie Politan,’ premiering May 7
“Accomplice to Murder with Vinnie Politan” looks beyond the usual suspects to tell the gripping stories of everyday people caught up in a world of deception and manipulation as they become accomplices to murder.
- Warner Music Group joins forces with FIVE Hotels and Resorts for burgeoning record label: FIVE Music
This new joint venture will not only make use of Warner Music Groups’ worldwide network of chart busting talent, but will further bring FIVE’s visionary musically-driven events and taste making to the forefront of the international music scene.
- Fox Corporation Announces Formation of Tubi Media Group
The new division will house FOX’s standalone digital businesses – including Tubi, Credible and Blockchain Creative Labs – as well as the digital platforms and teams that underpin FOX’s wider digital business in News, Sports and Entertainment.
- GRAMMY® Award-Winning Country Music Singer Carly Pearce and Emmy® Award-Winning Rachel Platten Set to Perform During 149th Kentucky Derby Weekend
Pearce will sing the national anthem at the 149th Kentucky Derby presented by Woodford Reserve on Saturday, May 6, 2023. In addition, Rachel Platten will be kicking off Derby weekend by performing the national anthem and her hit “Fight Song” during the Kentucky Oaks Survivor’s Parade at the Longines Kentucky Oaks on Friday, May 5.
- AXS TV Presents the All-New Original Music Competition Series “BANDED,” Premiering Saturday, May 13 at 9 p.m. ET
In the series premiere, 25 contenders will be placed into five brand new multi-genre bands under the tutelage of GRAMMY®-winning and -nominated songwriters, producers, and artists.
- EBONY Media Group To Produce SHE-E-O: Business Disruptors Series The six-episode video and podcast series will feature interviews with successful businesswomen who will share their inspiring roadmap to success. Actress and producer Marsai Martin will host the series that will premiere on EBONY.com and the media company’s various platforms on Monday, April 24, 2023.
Read more of the latest entertainment-related releases from PR Newswire and stay caught up on the top press releases by following @PRNtertainment on Twitter.
In addition to these popular releases, several must-read earnings reports crossed the wire this week, including the quarterly results for SiriusXM and Universal Music Group.
Catch up on all the latest earnings reports here.
Helping Journalists Stay Up to Date on Industry News
These are just a few of the recent press releases that consumers and the media should know about. To be notified of releases relevant to their coverage area, journalists can set up a custom newsfeed with PR Newswire for Journalists.
Once they’re signed up, reporters, bloggers and freelancers have access to the following free features:
- Customization: Create a customized newsfeed that will deliver relevant news right to your inbox. Customize the newsfeed by keywords, industry, subject, geography, and more.
- Photos and Videos: Thousands of multimedia assets are available to download and include with your next story.
- Subject Matter Experts: Access ProfNet, a database of industry experts to connect with as sources or for quotes in your articles.
- Related Resources: Read and subscribe to our journalist- and blogger-focused blog, Beyond Bylines, for media news roundups, writing tips, upcoming events, and more.
About PR Newswire and PR Newswire for Journalists
For more than 65 years, PR Newswire has been the industry leader with the largest, most comprehensive distribution network of print, radio, magazine, television stations, financial portals and trade publications. PR Newswire has an unparalleled global reach of more than 200,000 publications and 10,000 websites and is available in more than 170 countries and 40 languages.
PR Newswire for Journalists (PRNJ) is an exclusive community that includes over 20,000 journalists, bloggers and influencers who are logging into their PRNJ accounts specifically looking for story ideas. PR Newswire thoroughly researches and vets this community to verify their identity as a member of the press, blogger or influencer. PRNJ users cover more than 200 beats and verticals.
For questions, contact the team at [email protected].
SOURCE PR Newswire
Originally published at https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/this-week-in-entertainment-news-11-stories-you-need-to-see-301810174.html
Some images courtesy of https://pixabay.com
The post This Week in Entertainment News: 11 Stories You Need to See first appeared on TREND MAG.
Music - TREND MAG originally published at Music - TREND MAG